As a JV Driver employee, our company’s values must be evident in all daily activities. Employees are expected to think outside of the box to facilitate innovation, which contributes to the success of JV Driver. JV Drivers’ employees are motivated to “Build Great Things”. This includes building great projects and taking initiative to develop your career by participating in training and development opportunities.
JV Driver values their people and their people’s safety. Employees help lead the safety culture. “Having Fun” is essential for creating a working atmosphere that fosters teamwork. Employees at JV Driver are the foundation of a strong team.
Lastly, as a JV Driver Project Controls Coordinator, you will live our core purpose of “Think Different, Build Better” by encouraging, developing and leading innovations in an environment where employees can think different and build better.
The Project Controls Coordinator reports to and takes direction from the Project Controls Manager. The primary responsibility of the Project Coordinator is to support all aspects of field operations including cost controls, planning, scheduling and estimating.
- Provides guidance and support to team members
- Participates in professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Takes on new initiatives and challenges
- Builds formal and informal relationships within the company.
- Prepare take-offs of engineering drawings.
- Validation / audit of submitted scorecards and update the Progress Measurement Tool
- Identification of negative progress trends.
- Review weekly coordination of data. (Cost/Schedule/Trends/Progress)
- Perform field reviews of completed progress for validation of correct progress in Prevail.
- Supports project to maintain the accuracy and auditability of the site progress tool.
- Support the Project Controls Plan and procedures outlining methodologies and responsibilities while ensuring alignment with JV Driver process and procedures.
- Review and provide feedback on miscellaneous project reports.
- Provide support to construction in the development with forward looking mitigation plans and data
- Review/Validation of changes to ensure impacts to progress are captured
- Builds and submits technical documentation such as RFI’s and field level estimates for change
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Prevail
- Advanced construction knowledge
- Basic understanding of workface planning, project controls and procurement
- Basic understanding of quality control processes, including turnover
- Familiarity with receiving, warehouse functions and material management
- Knowledge of contract documentation and how it pertains to the work scope.
The responsibility for safety and safe work performance lies with each individual. Each worker must work closely with the job site supervisors to ensure a safe work environment. Refer to Section 2.9.1 of the JV Driver Health & Safety Manual for a description of responsibilities.
Minimum of 5 years of job related experience in an industrial construction environment with direct exposure to construction standards & practices in major construction projects.
A post-secondary education or trade certificate in engineering, construction management or a related field is preferred. Job related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Preference will be given to a candidate who possesses a relevant industry designation from PMI, AACEI or RICS.
The Project Controls Coordinator will demonstrate some or all of the following DNA characteristics:
- Initiative: a solutions provider, is motivated, resourceful, creative and displays ingenuity
- Problem Solver: possesses the ability to solve complex problems on their own and make decisions within their scope, while trusting their own judgment to stay within the core values of our organization.
- Innovative: a visionary who displays original and creative thinking, ingenuity, and provides additional value to the client and the company.
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, forward thinking, motivated and engaged.
- Flexible: possesses the ability to adapt to change and increases effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work.
- Communication: listens and communicates what they are thinking, has clear expectations and presents themselves professionally to co-workers and clients.
- Trust: extends trust and in return is trusted by key stakeholders.
- Accountability: accepts responsibility for their own decisions and meets expectations
- Delegation: surrounds themselves with great people, training and coaching them and trusting them to make the right decisions.
- Relationship Builder: possesses the ability to build relationships based on trust, mutual respect, diversity, active listening and open communication.
- Confident: believes in their abilities, is positive, fosters teamwork and has strong interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Coach: someone who desires to educate and develop people with the tools, knowledge, and opportunities needed to be effective in their commitment to themselves, the company, and their work.
- Influential: works to remove obstacles that prevent people from performing effectively, and therefore opens the door to creating a trusting and rewarding environment where people are willing to go that extra mile.
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of JV Driver Group, Inc. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with JV Driver must contact the Human Resources Department (866)391-5816. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.