Steel Shop Superintendent
JV Driver Group
Come Build With Us!
JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things!
The Steel Shop Superintendent is a key member of the Project Leadership Team, reporting to and taking direction from the Steel Shop Manager. The primary responsibility of the Steel Shop Superintendent is to oversee all aspects of the day to day work activities in the Steel Shop ensuring compliance with order requirements relative to schedule, manpower, materials management, quality control, and HSE requirements for the shop.
- Assists in planning work schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Acts as a liaison with other departments to ensure the order requirements are met
- Monitors trades performance, progress, productivity and efficiencies in the shop.
- Coordinates plans with project controls personnel to ensure order deliverables are met.
- Oversees HSE programs and requirements in the shop.
- Works closely with Quality Control to ensure consistency of fabrication requirements.
- Understands and interprets shop loadings and schedule requirements, as well as supports the schedulers with daily updates.
- Facilitate selection and hiring of trade personnel in the shop.
- Journeyman Welder/Structural Fitter (CWB tickets an asset)
- CWB Level 1 or 2 Welding Inspector Ticket
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a trade supervisor role
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio
- Advanced knowledge of Shop Fabrication management
- Base understanding of Project Controls (intermediate level, completed all level 100 PC JVDU courses)
- understanding of shop Planning techniques
- Intermediate understanding of quality control process including supporting documentation for turnover
- Base understanding of receiving, warehouse functions and material management
- Base understanding of procurement procedures
- Coordinate offsite activities (detailers, coatings, trucking, etc.)
- Able to coordinate and oversee sub-contractors
- Meetings – Be able to organize a meeting, create an agenda, record action items and set completion dates for action items for specific individuals or groups
- Base understanding of contract documentation and how it pertains to the work scope
- Capable of capturing and relaying change in the shop.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 22 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction.