Senior Site Safety Coordinator
JV Driver Group
Come Build With Us!
JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things!
The Senior Site Safety Coordinator reports to and takes direction from the Safety Supervisor. The primary responsibility of the Senior Site Safety Coordinator is to provide support to all workers and supervisors with respect to the administration of and compliance with the safety program.
- Coaches and mentors the Safety Coordinator I & II and provides day to day direction
- Facilitates training for a variety of occupational health and safety topics for new hires on all projects: Fall Protection, Elevated Work Platform, Confined Space Entry, Lock Out/Gas Detection, and Leadership for Safety Excellence
- Facilitates site safety orientations
- Conducts Lunch and Learn sessions for front line supervisors and attends and prepares materials for tool box meetings
- Responds to requests from workers or supervisors for information on occupational health and safety issues
- Ensures inspections take place on an ongoing basis and unsafe acts or conditions are identified and corrected
- Coordinates emergency drills, as required, and conducts surveys and monitoring programs to identify sources of any air or building contaminants
- Participates in all investigations as directed by the safety manger and provides detailed incident data and report
- Maintains detailed accurate records of all safety related matters, analyzes trends and recommends actions to improve safety experience and reduce accidents/incidents
- Assists supervisors in completing supervisor hazard assessments, hazardous work permits and other permits as described in the procedural letters
- Represents JV Driver to the client.
- Technical diploma or trade certificate
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in construction safety standards & practices in major construction projects
- Registered with the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 22 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction.