Human Resorces Manager
JV Driver Group
Come Build With Us!
Our client, JV Driver Group, established in 1989, is one of Edmonton’s most renowned organizations that has grown from a single entity, through organic growth and acquisition, to a global organization offering a wide range of services. The JV Driver Group, headquartered in Nisku, Alberta and operating through its subsidiary companies, provides a wide range of contractor services in the industrial, fabrication, maintenance, buildings, civil and infrastructure, marine, and environmental segments of the construction industry. Their organizational flexibility coupled with a strong track record, particularly in safety, gives them a unique offering in the market and stability as an organization through its diversification in service line and geography.
In the industrial sector, they provide all facets of industrial, fabrication, civil, construction, and plant maintenance capability in the oil and gas, chemical, mining, forestry, power, and marine sectors. They provide these capabilities through their subsidiaries JV Driver Projects, JV Driver Fabricators, IDL Projects, and DFB Driver.
Their extensive background in constructing commercial, multi-unit residential and industrial buildings spans over 40 years. They provide these capabilities through their subsidiaries IDL Projects, Metrocan Construction, Metrocan Projects, BFL Constructors and Scott Construction.
Their deep public infrastructure experience includes constructing roads, port facilities and airports. They offer these services in Canada through IDL Projects and internationally through JV Driver International. In addition, they have been offering services and manufacturing in the marine sector for over 80 years through their DF Barnes subsidiary.
The JV Driver Group operates across North America and internationally. They have recently acquired an organization in Scotland and JV Driver International is currently focused on international projects in Ghana, Africa and St. Kitts in the Caribbean.
Think Different, Build Better – you will do this by encouraging, developing and leading innovations in an environment where employees can think different and build better.
Take Care of Each Other – our sense of community runs deep at JVDG, and we care intensely about your health, happiness and success. This means we provide the flexibility and benefits to support you and your family in the good and in particularly, the difficult times. These are more than just words. This also means you support your colleagues in helping them be successful and more importantly, safe.
Build Great Things – this defines JV Drivers’ core business, building large state of the art projects, across all sectors – it is what we do. It also applies to building great people, great teams, great relationships and great careers.
Be Innovative – this is about constantly getting better. We have a program that nurtures, implements, recognizes and rewards, the amazing ideas of our people.
Have Fun – If you are not having fun in your work, why do it? We believe, and experience has shown us that Having Fun is fundamental to the well-being of our company and our people.
For more information on our client and to consider joining this dynamic organization, JV Driver Group, please review their website at www.jvdriver.com.
JV Driver Group is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Manager to be situated at their headquarters in Nisku, Alberta. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for leading a team of two HR Generalists that support the organization. The focus of this role is to operate as a human resources generalist team that supports the various businesses and the HR Business Partners located throughout North America and internationally.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will directly report into the Vice President, People & Culture; with the successful individual having the opportunity to grow upon proven success in the Manager role. While this is a generalist function, the Human Resources Manager will have substantial skill and focus in three core pillars being Employee Engagement, Total Rewards and Talent Attraction. This individual will be fully accountable to building the systems, processes, policies and programs to support an organization with over 2500 employees; and an organization that is continuously evolving, changing and growing.
- Lead a team of two HR Generalists.
- Lead Total Rewards including compensation, benefits, and executive compensation.
- Lead Talent Attraction support services and conduct staff talent attraction when needed.
- Lead the annual engagement survey process.
- Manage all employee relations issues for corporate staff and advise the HR Business Partners.
- Support our international projects team as their HR Business Partner.
- Responsible for business plan initiatives focused on Talent Attraction and Talent Retention.
- Work closely with the Learning & Development Manager on Talent and Leadership Development initiatives.
- Develop a recruitment, onboarding and offboarding plan; processes, and the supporting tools.
- Create a leading brand and culture for talent acquisition and retention through progressive human resource programs; total compensation and rewards.
- Establish, guide, adapt, and monitor recruitment and selection processes that result in a top-quality client and candidate experience, securing an aligned and top talent team for the organization.
- Develop a social media brand that increases attraction of candidates into the JV Driver Group.
- Develop an on-boarding plan that guarantees all new employees receive a welcoming and informative onboarding experience, and that the program is relevant and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensures there are efficient procedures and documentation in place for both the leadership team and employees during the offboarding process.
- Support the HR Business Partners in the business units as needed with their operational recruitment.
Culture and Employee Engagement
- Responsible for the employee engagement survey, reporting results, creating initiatives and a plan to increase employee engagement.
- Work with the Vice President, People & Culture in cultural transformation and employee engagement.
- Create a culture of accountability, performance, innovation and one that that is guided by the organizational values.
- Responsible for total rewards including compensation, benefits and supporting the executive compensation structure.
- Create and develop a well-being initiative (currently underway).
- Review the existing benefit program as it compares to market ensuring it is highly competitive and a leader in attracting talent into the organization.
- Re-launch the Employee Assistance Program.
- Managers are responsible for integrating the company’s health and safety procedures and controls into every activity they manage. All managers are directly accountable for the provisions and maintenance of an effective safety program.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Review and create strategy on the Total Rewards program ensuring it is positioned to be highly competitive in market that will attract and retain excellence in employees.
- Review the results from the most recent engagement survey and create initiatives and a plan to address areas of opportunity; while preparing to roll out the 2nd annual engagement survey in June 2019.
- Develops a talent acquisition brand and program including a social media platform that will increase applicant flow through social media by 25%.
- Learn and support the JV Driver International business group including building strong relationships within this division and learning the laws and best practices for the areas in which JV Driver currently operates.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of JV Driver Group and in supporting the success of the growth of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal characteristics:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is desired.
- 10 + years operating in a human resources generalist function.
- 5+ years operating at a leadership level within human resources.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a construction related industry that operates in ambiguity, continuous change and at a fast pace.
- Has knowledge of human resource strategies in a generalist capacity in areas such as recruitment and selection, total rewards, executive compensation, performance management, employee engagement, employee relations and cultural transformation.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with federal and provincial employment standards and employment legislation.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with employees, leaders, and external partners.
- Ability to deal professionally with highly confidential information.
- Ability to influence the team while maintaining support for leadership decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Has a strong grasp on business ethics and integrity in the workplace.
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership and employees.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make impartial decisions without having all of the information.
- Ability to maintain a neutral stance while perceived conflict.
- Ability to deal with and lead change initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative: a solutions provider, is motivated, resourceful, creative and displays ingenuity
- Problem Solver: possesses the ability to solve complex problems on their own and make decisions within their scope, while trusting their own judgment to stay within the core values of the organization
- Innovative: a visionary who displays original and creative thinking, ingenuity, and provides additional value to the client and the company
- Positive Attitude: someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, forward thinking, motivated and engaged
- Flexible: possesses the ability to adapt to change and increases effectiveness and efficiency in and out of work
- Communication: listens and communicates what they are thinking, has clear expectations and presents themselves professionally to co-workers and clients
- Trust: extends trust and in return is trusted by key stakeholders
- Accountability: accepts responsibility for their own decisions and meets expectations
- Delegation: surrounds themselves with great people, training and coaching them and trusting them to make the right decisions
- Relationship Builder: possesses the ability to build relationships based on trust, mutual respect, diversity, active listening and open communication
- Confident: believes in their abilities, is positive, fosters teamwork and has strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Coach: someone who desires to educate and develop people with the tools, knowledge, and opportunities needed to be effective in their commitment to themselves, the company, and their work
- Influential: works to remove obstacles that prevent people from performing effectively, and therefore opens the door to creating a trusting and rewarding environment where people are willing to go that extra mile
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.