Steel Shop Supervisor
Project Manager – Fabricators
JV Driver Fabricators in Phoenix, AZ, is looking for a Steel Shop Supervisor experienced in ensuring and enforcing company safety program, rules, policies and procedures. The Supervisor will be working collaboratively as part of our team and in partnership with all team members to ensure that expectations have been met and exceeded.
About JV Driver
The JV Driver Group offers a wide range of fabrication capability with large capacity, state of art facilities and strategic locations. We always think about being exceptional at what we do and at the JV Driver Group we have re-imagined industrial fabrication. We do what others can’t, due to innovations in facilities and approaches. We conducted extensive research, visited facilities around the world and then embarked on a large investment program that has resulted in state-of-the-art facilities that allow for the most productive workflow. Simply stated, our new facilities and tooling are among the best and most modern in the world.
Our product lines include steel and pipe fabrication, module construction, stationary equipment, boilers, exchangers, sign and bridge fabrication, high value add marine equipment. With over 420,000 square feet of fabrication space coupled with 100 acres for module erection and locations in Houston, Phoenix and Canada.
The Steel Shop Supervisor is a key member of the shop, reporting to and taking direction from the Operations Manager. The primary responsibilities of the Steel Shop Supervisor are to oversee the employees, ensure standards and productivity objectives are being met.
- Ensure and enforce company safety program and rules are respected and followed
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings and inspect PPE
- Ensure workers are ready at start time along with leading/monitoring stretches
- Develop, coordinator and initiate productive work plans; and, go through the work hazards with crew and complete cards
- Ensure that production paperwork is distributed to associated craft and the information provided is accurate for work flow progress and priorities are being followed
- Ensure that work is performed as per codes, plans, specifications and per trade common practice; and if there are any changes to the scope of work, be sure the employees are aware
- Complete time cards with proper contract number, cost code and revision number when required
- Be sure to document any employee issues, for example, tardiness, absenteeism, etc. so the right disciplinary actions are applied; and, involve human resources representative when applicable
- Provides direction, delegates and removes obstacles with a focus on continuous improvement to allow for a productive work environment
- Follow the production schedule including shipping, according to the set priorities
- Assist in coordinator of hiring, terminations, disciplinary actions and/or performance evaluations
- Ensure all daily housekeeping is performed, maintenance schedules are followed along with locking up any equipment that requires maintenance or repairs
- Willing to learn and demonstrate strong operational knowledge of the JVD Group and related companies
- Willing to learn and demonstrate understanding of the JV Driver safety program and dedication to helping build a culture of vigilance
- Oversees multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ensures staffing plans are developed and functional coverage is maintained for the project
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the daily operations to meet or exceed safety, quality, and delivery
- Provides instruction on proper fabrication
- Develop and ensure all standard work is implemented and followed
- Structural Steel Fabrication experience is required
Steel Shop Supervisor is responsible for the implementation and administration of the health and safety program. This includes meeting all reporting requirements relative to inspections, incidents, or infractions that occur during the course of the project. Refer to Section 2.9.1 of the JV Driver Health & Safety Manual for a description of responsibilities.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a structural steel, fabrication or manufacturing or related experience
- Trades background or post-secondary degree or technical diploma
- Prior Supervisor/Manager experience a must
- Vast knowledge of steel erection and/or fabrication standards and procedures
- Experience or knowledge in AWS & AISC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with computer programs/software such as Microsoft office products, Fabtrol