Junior/Intermediate Human Resource & Labour Relations Coordinator
IDL Projects Inc. (IDL) is a dynamic, rapidly expanding company focused on providing a broad array of construction services in Canada and internationally. We have established ourselves as a go-to solutions provider in the construction areas of civil and infrastructure, commercial, residential, public and institutional, industrial, energy, mining and safety services.
This is a great opportunity for a new graduate or experienced professional with a passion for Human Resources, Labour Relations and/or the construction industry.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Junior/Intermediate Human Resources and Labour Relations Coordinator (HR/LR Coordinator) provides support to the Western Canada Region Operations. The ideal candidate enjoys variety, is excited about supporting and improving employee relations and recruitment, and is eager to develop his/her career. In this role, the HR/LR Coordinator will support and also be responsible for a broad range of HR/LR functions including but not limited to Recruitment, Employee Relations, Labour Relations, Performance Management, Training and Development and Policy Implementation. The HR/LR Coordinator is an integral part of the overall business and will provide support to the Estimating, Operations and Corporate teams.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable in developing relationships, working autonomously and working within a team both in the Prince George area and throughout Western Canada.
The position is based out of the Prince George, BC office. Some travel may be required.
Recruitment and Selection
- Work with Operations to coordinate workforce planning and development to determine the most strategic and effective deployment of people resources for Projects
- Recruit for all positions that cannot be filled through Operations teams
- Coordinate campus recruiting program
- Work with Operations to Screen, Interview and Assess candidates for both staff and craft positions
- Implement online/offline employer branding activities
- Forecast hiring needs based on upcoming projects
- Manage external partnership with post-secondary institutions, job boards and industry associations
- Develop a network of potential future hires (e.g. past applicants and referred candidates)
- Create and update job descriptions, as required
Training and Development
- Develop, coordinate and administer all training and development initiatives including managing training funds, forecasting training needs and working with Operations to implement training requirements
- Research training requirements to meet project and client required certifications. (Gold Seal, NCSO ect.)
- Contribute to the collective bargaining pre-negotiation preparation research and proposal costing
- Communicates various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other
- Participates in the conduct of preliminary investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Work with claims management to facilitate employees return to work
- Administer the drug and alcohol program
Undertake special projects related to LR/HR and other duties as assigned
- Degree in Business Administration or Commerce with 1-3 years' experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple priorities and aggressive timelines simultaneously
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Construction Experience preferred
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience
- Great health and dental benefits
- Training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance