MetroCan Construction LTD.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety. The primary role of the Safety Coordinator is to maintain a strong safety culture and support the day-to-day activities of the field crews, meeting all reporting requirements relative to inspections, incidents, or infractions that occur during the course of the project.
- Ensure that all requirements of the Health and Safety Program are carried out by all project personnel, including construction management, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and other parties working on or visiting the project site
- Be conversant with, and have copies of all jurisdictional legislation, Safety Manuals, and Safe Work Practices
- Conduct daily inspections and observations of work areas and liaise with supervisors and the crew relating to matters of Health, Safety, and Environment
- Develop, implement, and maintain an emergency response plan and ensure that the plan is reviewed and updated on a progressive basis to reflect the changes in the site organization and activities
- Attend planning and coordination meetings and consult on safety policy and Safe Work Practices
- Coordinate reviews of procedures and Safe Work Practices
- Conduct Hazard Assessments and Risk Assessments as required for compliance
- For all incidents and near-misses, ensure that:
a. The incident or near-miss is investigated and documentation submitted
b. All applicable reports are sent to the Head Construction Safety Coordinator
c. The applicable regulatory agencies are notified within the required time frames
- Ensure that all requirements of the Health and Safety Program are being carried out by all project personnel, including construction management, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and other parties working on or visiting the project site
- Perform regular site inspections to ensure there is no development of unsafe work habits or conditions, and report action plans to address recurring issues/negative trends
- Review daily Job Hazard Assessments and Near-Miss Reports. Provide feedback to crews
- Coordinate, prepare, and implement orientation sessions
- Assist and comply with government personnel and orders issued
- Monitor, evaluate, and take action on all sub-standard conditions and work practices
- Participate in inspections, and ensure that Inspection Reports are reviewed to identify recurring items and underlying causes.
- First Aid Level 2 or higher
- CSO Ticket
- 5 years experience as a Safety Coordinator
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethics with the ability to work in a respectful manner with co-workers and trades
- Good organizational skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- Excellent work/life balance
- Located in Vancouver, BC.