Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Project Director
Location: Vancouver, BC
Scott Construction is a well-known and trusted General Contractor & Construction Manager based in Western Canada. With offices in Burnaby and Calgary, Scott has been providing construction management services and building relationships since 1984.
Our diverse portfolio of projects finds us building amazing complex structures to smaller renovation projects for clients in the commercial, residential, institutional, industrial and special projects sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who knows that building projects and building relationships go hand in hand. Working collaboratively as part of our team and in partnership with our clients, you will ensure that their expectations have been met and exceeded.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for multiple scopes of work on one Scott’s larger commercial projects and the overall delivery of the project performance, including costs, schedule, quality, project status, safety and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the client, consultants, subcontractors, public and project team;
- Manage all aspects of the project including profitability, schedule adherence and customer expectations;
- Work with Superintendent to develop and monitor the project schedule;
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy;
- Understand and enforce prime contract and subcontract responsibilities;
- Resolve project disputes in a timely manner;
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress and schedule;
- Work with Superintendent in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods;
- Assist Superintendent in establishing and maintaining project safety culture;
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely;
- Prepare and issue progress applications to owner according to established schedules;
- Review/approve subcontractor applications for payment;
- Expedite payment from owner within contract terms;
- Chair relevant consultant/owner project meetings and effectively communicate status of project;
- Process all change orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact;
- Manage all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work;
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel;
- Assist in securing new work by participating in proposals and presentations and providing leads to development department;
- Participate in tender closings when requested
- Represent Scott Construction at company-sponsored and industry events;
- Maintain awareness of current marketplace and trends to gain and maintain our competative advantage and develop effective bid strategies;
- Play an active role in business development, proposal submissions, interviews, presentations, client and consultant relationship management; and
- Provide leadership to ensure Scott’s culture, commitments and accountabilities are being met in the following areas:
- To provide an environment of respect, wellness and career growth for all staff
- To continually contribute to building backlog of profitable work
- To schedule, budget, quality and service
- To occupational health & safety and the environment
- To managing, mitigating and eliminating risk
Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 7 years previous Project Management experience working on high-rise residential, commercial, institutional and/or concrete projects with a spend of at least $20 million;
- University or college diploma in a relevant construction/engineering program;
- Excellent computer skills including experience using MS Office, Project, Scheduling and Project Management software;
- Experience using Procore is an asset;
- Sound knowledge of and experience in the review and negotiation of contracts for construction projects;
- Strong technical, business, financial and legal acumen;
- Demonstrable strategic, operational and project management capabilities, with the ability to effectively lead teams;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations), including the ability to successfully translate technical information to non-technical individuals;
- Experience working with different project delivery methods;
- Exemplary leadership skills, including strong teambuilding capabilities;
- Solid understanding of specifications, construction methods and procedure;
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Proven creative problem solving skills; and
- Proven integrity when dealing with Clients, Trades and Consultants.
Scott Construction Group offers the unique opportunity to work on safe, challenging, high-profile projects, provides a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package, and the unique experience to grow your career with some of the most amazing people in the industry.
Qualified candidates should apply including a cover letter and resume.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Scott Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Scott Construction Group, please visit www.scottconstructiongroup.com