Senior Mechanical Estimator
JV Driver Group
Come Build With Us!
JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things!
The Senior Mechanical Estimator reports to and takes direction from the Director of Operations, Estimating Manager or the designated Proposal Lead. The primary responsibility of the Senior Mechanical/Piping Estimator is the development and preparation of mechanical equipment and piping estimates for large and complex proposals within the estimating department.
- Generates quantity estimates for incorporation into cost estimates and/ or project budgets
- Assists in developing project cost estimates, and revisions to reflect contract scope changes and extra work orders
- Maintains files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures
- Assists in the preparation of scope documents, specifications, drawings and contract documents for trade invitations
- Prepares detailed basis of estimate documents outlining assumptions, clarifications to scope, and exclusions or exceptions to the proposal/tender documents
- Develops project updates and bid package estimate documents
- Prepares and coordinates the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build, or general tender for a variety of large projects
- Interprets documentation, specifications and design drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of the estimates
- Analyzes the bids of subcontractors
- Interfaces with other functions to provide engineering and cost data and supports others as required
- Reviews design options and recommends best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, availability of materials or other agreed upon factors.
- Analyzes each section for scope, pricing and completeness.
- 6-8 years of construction estimating experience
- Previous industrial construction trade experience (piping, boilermaker or millwright) and discipline estimating experience
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency (advanced excel skills)
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 22 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction.