Title: Finishing Superintendent
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
Scott Construction is a well-known and trusted General Contractor based in Western Canada. With offices in Burnaby and Calgary, Scott has been providing construction management services and building relationships since 1984.
Our diverse portfolio of projects finds us building amazing complex structures to smaller renovation projects for clients in the commercial, residential, institutional, industrial and special projects sectors. Scott Construction offers the unique opportunity to work on safe, challenging, high-profile projects, provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, and unique experience working with some of the most amazing people in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Finishing Superintendent who can execute and deliver quality projects on time and on budget while providing a high attention to detail. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities for the project.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities on site;
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, project schedule and budget;
- Maintain construction schedule and identify/resolve problems as necessary and in a timely manner;
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and project team;
- Develop project master schedule with Project Manager and ensure subcontractors comply with project master schedule;
- Utilize project master schedule to create detailed schedules for subcontractor use;
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budgets are in jeopardy;
- Review and update schedule, cost forecast and cash flow with Project Manager;
- Provide leadership to peers ensuring all site staff are adhering to the company safety culture;
- Maintain appropriate field documentation including safety records, daily progress reports, rental records, logs etc.;
- Organize and chair weekly subcontractor meetings;
- Maintain an organized, safe project site including construction office;
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel;
- Assist in securing new work by participating in client interviews when required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Education to include a technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience;
- Minimum 7 years construction and subcontractor supervision experience or equivalent;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully supervise high-end construction projects containing meticulous details, luxury finishing, detailed millwork, etc.
- Previous experience with restaurant, hotel, and/or commercial kitchen construction;
- The proven ability to effectively manage field staff;
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements;
- Proven creative problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Good presentation skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Proven integrity when dealing with Clients, Trades and Consultants.
This position requires a motivated and professional individual with proven site coordination and leadership skills. You must demonstrate integrity, honesty, energy and teamwork to be a fit within our culture with your 'soft skills' being a strong contributing factor to your success.
Qualified candidates should apply including a cover letter and resume.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Scott Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer.