Millwright - Journeyman
JV Driver Group
Fort Hills, AB
Come Build With Us!
JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things!
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 22 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction.
- Comprehends diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
- Operates rigging equipment and dollies to place heavy machinery and parts
- Understands how to fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
- Aligns and tests equipment to make any necessary adjustments
- Performs predictive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis, and repair or replace defective parts when necessary
- Services and repairs hydraulic, pneumatic and programmable logic controls
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Journeyman Millwright ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or provide proof of Journeyman hours
- Must have previous experience working in an industrial setting
- Must have previous experience working in a maintenance setting
- Must have previous experience wroking in a construction setting
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) AND OSSA Regional certification OR BSO
- Must possess valid OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association) Fall Protection
- Must possess valid WHMIS 2015 Certification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- 7/7 shift rotation working 12 hours per day
- Charter flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary (No Additional Travel Allowance is Provided)
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions