Healthcare Construction Project Manager Bilingual/French/English
The Healthcare Construction Project Manager reports to and takes direction from the Managing Director, JV Driver International. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to lead the project, manage the International design team as the design is developed and completed and deliver the overall construction of the new greenfield hospital project with local partners in Cote d’Ivoire and other International participants.
The Project Manager drives matters related to management of design and construction (time, cost, risk and quality) to meet the project objectives. This includes coordination among all the design team (both local and international), engineers, project managers and construction managers. The Project Manager will also closely coordinate with the management/operations to ensure the construction process is in sync with other work streams as medical equipment, IT, HR, and regulatory affairs.
The first phase of the project will involve design and development of the new hospital and will be nominally based in Canada requiring periods of travel to various Canadian locations as well as Europe and Africa. This first phase is anticipated to take approximately one year.
The focus of the second phase of the project will shift to Cote d’Ivoire as full procurement, contracting and site construction commences with home office support provided by JV Driver’s Canadian based organization. The defined construction period for the new hospital is currently estimated to be 24 to 30 months.
The Project Manager must have ten (10) plus years of international experience in design and construction of similar institutional or healthcare construction projects. Fluency in both English and French and comfort in conducting business in either language both orally and written is a must. Strong preference will be given to candidates with previous in-country experience and experience in other French Speaking African nations as well as candidates with other healthcare experience in emerging markets.
An excellent compensation package salary will be based on experience.
- Coordinate and interact with other disciplines within the customer organization and those of our partners in relation to all elements of a project, to ensure successful execution of the design and construction.
- Establish and document the overall project management plan (PMP).
- Manage the pre-and post-contract phases to deliver within the key project performance criteria.
- Coordinate with the Technical team, Engineer and Subcontractors in execution of the construction phase and achieving contract deliverables and outcomes within fundamental parameters of time, quality and cost.
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Oversee establishment of package specific briefs, contracts and procedures.
- Ensure full coordination and effective implementation of Quality Management and Health, Safety & Environmental processes and protocols.
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within the project.
- Be aware of the development goals of the customer and the implications the construction will have on business operations of the completed project in the future.
- Be aware of the broader environmental, social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the project.
- Provide leadership and support to the project team.
- Monitor and report to senior management on the progress of all activity, including significant milestones, and any conditions would affect all project costs, schedule quality or risk profile. Develop recommendations and action plans to resolve issues/risks affecting or likely to affect the successful execution of the project.
- Above average ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including craft, project management, corporate management, client representatives, and outside regulatory authorities.
- Must excel at co-ordination, organization, written and verbal communication skills, with strict emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent abilities in negotiation, contract management and partnerships.
- Experience working within local jurisdictional authorities and regulatory bodies and government clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Large scale construction experience, particularly in healthcare sector developments.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and French. Proficiency in other languages an asset.
- Experience working in large (100M+) heavy commercial/institutional construction including healthcare and have experience working in developing countries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Degree/Project Construction Management or related discipline.
- Ten (10+) years’ experience in large scale International institutional/commercial construction projects of mid to large size projects.
- Experience in delivery of hospital projects in emerging markets.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Masters/MBA is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of internationally-accepted project management, construction industry principle and practices/safety/quality management systems.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration and certified by the International Code Council (ICC/ICBO).
Our Company- JV Driver International
JV Driver International is a large International Contractor that delivers large and small Heavy Industrial, Commercial, Institutional, Healthcare and Infrastructure sectors projects across North America and in the Caribbean and Africa.
Our latest project involves the design and construction of a 150 bed Neurological Hospital proposed in the near vicinity of Abidjan in Cote d’Ivoire, West Africa. This project is being developed by JV Driver for the Government of Cote d’Ivoire and has strong support and involvement of the Government of Canada.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *