JV Driver Group
Come Build With Us!
About JV Driver
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 20 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 20 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction, recognition by WorkSafe Alberta for being a "Best Safety Performer" four consecutive years, and many more.
The Mechanical/Millwright Superintendent is a key member of the Project Leadership Team, both reporting to and taking direction from the site Construction Manager. The primary responsibility of the Superintendent is to oversee all aspects of mechanical equipment field construction, including detailed direction of construction specifications, budgets and schedules.
- Mentors and coaches craft, monitors performance and provides feedback
- Develops and leads their team from a construction and project perspective, through Human Resources practices and objectives that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and safety
- Follows processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's Project Controls goals
- Coordinates with other trades, Safety, Engineering/Planning, HR, LR, Payroll, Project Controls, Contracts and Sub-Contracts, Equipment and the Warehouse, both on and off site
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource to the construction/project management team and provides overall company leadership and direction
- Assists in planning work schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Acts as a liaison with other departments to ensure the project schedule is met
- Monitors contractors, trades performance, progress, and productivity
- Coordinates plans with field engineers to overcome any inconsistencies
- Assist in creating and building of IWP’s (Installation Work Packs)
- Understands and interprets P6 schedules, as well as supports the schedulers with daily updates.
- Other duties as required.
- Millwright/Machinist Technical Trades certification with 8-12 years’ experience or equivalent Trade Supervisor for a minimum 3–5 years (Foreman/General Foreman) and 3-5 years’ experience at Superintendent level
- Gas Turbine, generator and gas compressor experience with advanced alignment skills
- GE Gas Turbine experience would be an asset.
- Base understanding of Project Controls
- Advanced understanding of Work Face Planning
- Intermediate understanding of quality control process including turnover
- Base understanding of receiving, warehouse functions and material management
- Base understanding of procurement procedures
- Coordinate offsite activities
- Able to coordinate and supervise sub-contractors
- Meetings – Be able to organize a meeting, create an agenda, record action items and set completion dates for action items for specific individuals or groups
- Capable of building a detailed org chart
- Base understanding of contract documentation and how it pertains to the work scope
- Capable of capturing and relaying change from the field
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio
- Advanced knowledge of construction
- Intermediate knowledge of P6 or equivalent.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance.