Journeyman Carpenter – Strathcona
Come Build With Us!
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking experienced Journeyman/Apprentice Carpenters for our Strathcona site in Edmonton. The successful candidate will be responsible for building concrete foundations through accurately reading and interpreting blueprints to pouring, building and setting forms.
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Understands industrial concrete forming and engineered forming systems to accurately build concrete forms, scaffolding, bridges, trestles, tunnels, shelters, towers and other structures
- Completes at the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters, read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills.
- Checks completed units to be sure they are level, square, plumb and the right size, shape and location
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a Journeyman Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a Registered Carpenter Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial Carpentry trade.
- Must have previous experience working in an industrial setting
- Must possess valid CSTS'09, Whmis 2015, H2S Awareness, OSSA Fall Protection and OSSA Confined Space
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Monday to Thursday working 10 hours per day
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- No LOA or Travel provided.