About Fluor Driver:
Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian contractors (JV Driver) to create a unique solution to the turnaround, maintenance, and construction needs of the petrochemical industry. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that lower construction and maintenance costs while maintaining excellence in safety and quality and thus providing a lower total cost of ownership for our clients. We accomplish this goal by embracing our core purpose, Think Different Build Better, along with our core values.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 20 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction, recognition by WorkSafe Alberta for being a "Best Safety Performer" four consecutive years, and many more.
The Electrical Planner reports to and takes direction from the Project Controls Supervisor. The primary responsibility of the Electrical Planner is providing construction planning expertise for large industrial construction projects.
- Provides mentorship and leadership to junior team members
- Participates in professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Optimizes processes to achieve results with a focus on continuous improvement
- Works collaboratively with others to meet company objectives
- Builds formal and informal relationships inside and outside the organization
- Assess all construction drawings, EWP's / CWP's, specifications, details, construction schedule, and planned quantities/man-hours
- Develops Installation Work Packages (IWP's) as per the IWP release plan and construction schedule
- Assembles IWP’s with due care, taking into consideration the JV Driver Safety Program
- Plans detailed construction sequence/steps derived from Construction Management
- Executes material take offs, requests/confirmation of availability on site
- Aligns ITP witness/inspection/hold points and construction steps
- Forecasts planning needs based on EWP/CWP release schedule
- Creates daily progress updates
- Develops, submits, tracks and assesses RFI's and LEM estimates for RFI response and extra work
- Forecasts and prepares IWP for upcoming work.
- Postsecondary education or trade certificate with 10+ years of industrial construction experience
- Experience in Brownfeild/Operating Facilities
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Navisworks, and Bluebeam.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- Charter flights from Edmonton and Calgary to Fort McMurray
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance.