About Fluor Driver:
Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian contractors (JV Driver) to create a unique solution to the turnaround, maintenance, and construction needs of the petrochemical industry. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that lower construction and maintenance costs while maintaining excellence in safety and quality and thus providing a lower total cost of ownership for our clients. We accomplish this goal by embracing our core purpose, Think Different Build Better, along with our core values.
The Quality Inspector both reports to and takes direction from the Site Quality Lead. The primary responsibility of the Quality Inspector is to ensure maintenance activities are completed in accordance with site specifications, government regulations and codes of construction.
- Observes work in progress to assure conformance with requirements and acceptable workmanship
- Monitors closure welds, ensure NDE is completed in accordance with site specification and witness testing of work completed
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
- Completes internal auditing in accordance with project audit plan
- Liaise with construction to ensure all inspection activities are scheduled and performed in order not to disrupt normal construction activities.
- Participate in the construction/mechanical completion walk-downs.
- Ensure the project Technical Schedule is maintained on a monthly basis. The schedule will include Technical Surveillance.
- Conduct formal internal and external audits of FDR’s activities as well as subcontractor activities.
- Work in conjunction with construction and issue reports related to inspection and testing activities.
- Responsible for witnessing and verifying construction activities related to their field of expertise (or assigning qualified inspectors to perform this task).
- Report any quality issues and provide possible solutions.
- Ensure all quality documentation is provided to the Turnover Coordinators.
- Ensure maintenance, calibration verification and safekeeping of test instruments/equipment as per JVD-QC-008 Calibration of Measuring and Test Equipment.
- All discipline inspectors MUST be certified for applicable Canadian and/or Provincial requirements.
- Certification in architectural, structural, construction or engineering technology or related field
- CSA 178.2 CWB Certified Level I or Level II Welding Inspector required
- API 510/570/653 would be an asset
- ABSA Welding Examiner Certification would be an asset
- NACE CIP Certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration and certified by the International Code Council (ICC/ICBO).
- Certification to CWB Level 2
- 10 years in the oil and gas industry
- 5 years in a QA/QC role.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance
- No travel or flight allowance provided
- Applicants that reside in Sarnia and surrounding area will be given preference.