Come Build With Us!
About JV Driver
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 20 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 20 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction, recognition by WorkSafe Alberta for being a "Best Safety Performer" four consecutive years, and many more.
The Foreman will be responsible for supervising field crews in the general maintenance and repair of the project.
- Mentors and coaches staff; interprets performance and provides feedback
- Leads and coordinates the daily activities of the project team
- Interprets and applies a strong understanding of key indicators to make effective business decisions
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
- Provides direction, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures all QA/QC requirements are met and are fully in compliance. This includes inspection and testing of “in progress” as well as completed systems and installations
- Develops testing plans and manages both defect management and change management processes
- Oversees QA/QC audits to confirm all audits are properly completed and documented and non- compliance issues are adequately resolved
- Provides accurate and efficient document control processes
- Prepare contract review paperwork
- Prepare ITP
- Prepare MRR
- Go through the MTR
- Locate the CRN and confirm that it is valid/current
- Chase down MTR’s and CRN’s from supplier when there are issues
- Follow the applicable ASME code and choose proper welding procedure from our library that is approved to align with thickness, grade, PWHT, chart and gauge Z662 or B31.3 two gauges
- Keep records of all the torque wrench, chart recorder and gauge calibration certs
- Prepare the pre hydro test form
- Prepare the hydro test record for field use
- %NDE and prepare inspection request for Team
- Prepopulate torque record
- Prepare any ABSA records for registration AB83 etc.
- Visual inspections regarding rod preservation, fit up and final welds, hydro tests and signing for this
- Journeyman Welder, Pipefitter or Millwright certificate
- CWB level 1 inspector is an asset
- Experience with quality management in construction or maintenance projects.
- Located in Harmattan, AB
- Candidates must live within a one hour radius of Harmattan
- No travel or accommodation is provided
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- 5&2 work rotation.