About Fluor Driver:
Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian contractors (JV Driver) to create a unique solution to the turnaround, maintenance, and construction needs of the petrochemical industry. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that lower construction and maintenance costs while maintaining excellence in safety and quality and thus providing a lower total cost of ownership for our clients. We accomplish this goal by embracing our core purpose, Think Different Build Better, along with our core values.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 20 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction, recognition by WorkSafe Alberta for being a "Best Safety Performer" four consecutive years, and many more.
The Project Coordinator reports to and takes direction from the Senior Project Engineer. The primary responsibility of the Project Coordinator is to support all aspects of field operations including cost controls, planning, scheduling and estimating.
- Provides mentorship to junior team members
- Participates in professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Optimizes processes to achieve results with a focus on continuous improvement
- Works collaboratively with others to meet company objectives
- Builds formal and informal relationships inside and outside the organization
- Works with Project Team and others to develop and set up various project cost reports and a variety of progress, manpower, and commodity reports
- Coordinates data entry, preforms data analysis and preparation of reports on productivity, forecasts and variances in line with Project Control processes and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Prepares estimates for contract scope change orders to ensure additions and changes are properly included in ongoing monitoring and control
- Communicates cost control issues to project management staff for correction
- Monitors field work activities to contract scope to capture progress and change
- Prepares and provides recommendations based on Project Performance Analyses to Project Management and Executive Team
- Prepares and transmits submittals (drawings, materials, vendors) to client for approval
- Writes requisitions and purchase orders; follows up with suppliers and expedites deliveries
- Builds and submits technical documentation such as RFI’s and field level estimates for change
- Supports safety and quality performance and ensures due diligence with client and regulatory compliance
- Assists the construction/project manager and superintendent with the day-to-day duties of a project’s administration.
- Post-Secondary education with 6-8 years similar experience in construction projects
- Post Secondary Journeyman Certification or Technologist/ Engineering Degree an asset
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Primavera P6
- Advanced construction knowledge
- Basic understanding of workface planning, project controls and procurement
- Basic understanding of quality control processes, including turnover
- Familiarity with receiving, warehouse functions and material management
- Knowledge of contract documentation and how it pertains to the work scope.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance.