Labourer with Traffic Control Experience
IDL Projects Inc. (IDL) is a dynamic, rapidly expanding company focused on providing a broad array of construction services in Canada and internationally. We have established ourselves as a go-to solutions provider in the construction areas of civil and infrastructure, commercial, residential, public and institutional, industrial, energy, mining and safety services.
IDL Projects is looking for a Construction Labourer with two years Traffic Control experience and current TCP Ticket to join our Kelowna construction team. This is a great opportunity to live and work in beautiful Kelowna BC, while taking part in a major high profile civil project. This Labourer position undertakes a broad range of tasks in areas such as, concrete and formwork, traffic control, earthworks and underground conduit.
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite
- Hand work, clearing terrain, site preparation, shoveling and basic equipment operation.
- Assist with forms and concrete placing for various concrete structures and foundations
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials
- Execute traffic control plans by placing, removing, covering and uncovering traffic control signs, cones, barricades and other traffic control devices.
- Direct the safe flow of public and construction traffic when required, and ensure the safety & security of public and site crew, while complying with company safety policies
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in a timely manner per company standards
- Perform site checks and relief as needed for Traffic control persons
- Provide motorists with simple directions, explaining hazards
- Other General Labor and construction related duties as required
- Minimum two years of experience in traffic control
- Minimum three years of experience in construction
- BCCSA Traffic Ticket certification
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to interact with the public, supervisors, and coworkers professionally at all times
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Desire to learn and commit to working safely and complying with company health and safety policies
At IDL we strive to ensure a positive and safe work environment. Our employees are part of a work family built on respect, friendship and latitude for personal time. We live our core purpose of “Think Different, Build Better” and our core values of “Take Care of Each Other”, “Be Innovative”, “Build Great Things” and “Have Fun”.