Construction Project Manager
JV Driver International
St. Kitts and Nevis
Come Build with us!
About JV Driver Group of Companies
JV Driver has been providing construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things!
JV Driver International is part of the Civil & Infrastructure Enterprise. JV Driver International is responsible for all of the Group’s International projects, deliver finance/design/build international solutions. Our latest project, which involves the design and construction of a new cruise ship pier in St. Kitts and Nevis.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 22 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction.
The Project Manager will be reporting to and take direction from the Project Director. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to manage the successful completion of our latest project, which is the design construction of a new cruise ship pier in St. Kitts and Nevis for a 12- 14 month assignment.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the client, consultants, subcontractors, public and project team
- Manage all aspects of the project including profitability, schedule adherence and customer expectations
- Understand and enforce prime contract and subcontract responsibilities
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress and schedule
- Work with Project Engineer in establishing the construction plan and engineering methods
- Work with Project Team in establishing and maintaining project safety culture
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely
- Prepare and issue progress applications to owner according to established schedules
- Review/approve subcontractor applications for payment
- Chair relevant consultant/owner project meetings and effectively communicate status of project
- Process all change orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact
- Manage all facets of project close-out
- Develops the project budget for direct, indirect and other costs based on estimates provided for identified project scope of work.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years in Heavy Civil Construction and Piling Instalation with a background in Marine construction
- Previous Caribbean experiences is advantageous
- Have a background as the main contractor and be commercially aware
- Experience managing Sub Contractors
- Good planning and scheduling skills
- Degree in Civil engineering
- Experience working within a Public Infrastructure Construction environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong coordination, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to reduce facility costs through efficiencies or innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to set and manage priorities to meet all deadlines
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
Details of the Project:
- Location: St. Kitts and Nevis, Caribbean
- Accommodations provided.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions or equivalent
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance.
Learn more about JV Driver
To apply, please upload your resume online and you too could be a part of a Company that values building great things, being innovative, taking care of each other and having fun!