Title: Structural Plate Fitter –Fabricators
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently
- Construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
- Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications
- Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within worksite
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting or other methods
- Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines such as brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components
- Install fabricated components in final product.
- Must be an Journeyman Structural Steel Fitter from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must possess WHMIS 2015
- Must possess valid CSTS
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Monday through Thursday
- 40 hours per week
- Benefits provided by CLAC