B-Pressure/CWB Welder – Fort McMurray
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking an experienced B Pressure/CWB Welder for a site North of Fort McMurray.
This position is for a long-term contract and is considered permanent full time. Please read through all requirements and details below prior to applying.
The successful candidate will be responsible for cutting and welding work in connection with the construction, repair and maintenance of company pipelines and related facilities, in addition to other duties as assigned.
- Develops patterns for projects or follows directions in given layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Cleans, checks for defects and shapes component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Welds parts, and may also build up worn parts by welding layers of high-strength hard-metal alloys onto them.
- Mentors and coaches Apprentice Welders
- May perform other related duties assigned.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have previous welding experience in an industrial setting
- Must have TIG experience
- Must be able to test in our welding facility in Nisku for all site specific welding procedures for F3/F4, F6/F6(GMAW/FCAW & all positions SMAW/FCAW)
- Must complete specific online training assigned at time of hire.
- Interprovincial Red Seal or have a Journeyman Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Valid government issued photo identification
- Valid B Pressure Ticket
- Fall Protection OSSA
- Fire Watch OSSA
- Confined Space OSSA
- Standard First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Basic Rigging
- Overhead Crane
- Client specific online training courses.
Required Welding Procedure Tickets - CWB
- CWB SMAW all position
- CWB FCAW all position.
Required Welding Procedure Tickets - B Pressure
- Once work scope opens up: F6F4 and F6F5
- We will test all successful candidates to ensure they meet our company standards.
- Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- 7/7 shift rotation
- Charter flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary
- No Additional Travel Allowance is provided
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.