Apprentice Scaffolder- Norman Wells, Northwest Territories
About JV Driver
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 20 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking an first or second year Scaffolder for our Norman Wells site in Norman Wells, NWT.
This role is key in installing and dismantling the scaffolds on site as well as applying, removing and repairing thermal and acoustical insulation on all types of industrial equipment.
- Utilizes site drawings and written instructions to select materials required to set ground levels for scaffolds
- Installs steel pipes, support braces and clamps to form bases for scaffolds
- Lifts and positions sections of scaffolding and bolts pipes together to build scaffolding as per site requirements
- Places planks over horizontal bars to create platforms
- Monitors levels in scaffolding structures to ensure stability
- Dismantles scaffolding at the completion of a job
- Reads and interprets drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements
- Selects the amount and type of insulation to be installed as well as a method of securing the insulation according to the type and shape of surface, whether or not the equipment is cold or hot, inside or outside, and what the equipment is https://jvdriver.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppProfileEdit&action=switchEditTab&hashed=1861302304&type=next#!going to be used for
- Measures and cuts insulating material and coverings to the required shape and dimension
- Fits insulation around obstructions or shape insulation materials and protective coverings
- Installs vapour barriers and finish insulated surfaces by applying metal cladding, canvas, plastic sheeting or cement
- May perform other related duties assigned.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must provide Apprentice Scaffolder certification or proof of Scaffolding hours
- Must provide Emergency First Aid or Standard First Aid Certification
- Must possess valid CSTS Certification.
- Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- 15/13 shift rotation working 10 hours per day on a compressed work week schedule
- Travel allowance provided for eligible candidates
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Applicants that reside in NWT and Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project.