Title: Cement Mason/Concrete Finisher – SCPP
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking experienced Concrete Finishers for our SCPP site in Edmonton.
The Concrete Finishers will be responsible for placing and finishing concrete structures.
- Places wet concrete into the forms and spreads it to a specified depth as required
- Levels concrete to smooth the surface, round the edges, and make joints or grooves to help control cracking on the surface
- Utilizes hand trowelling for hard to reach spots in corners, edges, and around pipes as required
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be a registered apprentice, an Alberta-certified journeyperson, hold a valid credential with a recognized provincial training authority or have the skills and knowledge expected of a certified journeyperson or apprentice.
- Must have the physical strength and stamina required to shovel and move wet concrete sometimes in excess of 25 kilograms
- Must possess valid CSTS'09
- Must possess valid WHMIS 2015
- Must possess valid H2S Awareness or H2S Alive
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Work is considered a local Edmonton based project
- Monday - Thursday; 4 days on; 3 days off
- 7:00am - 5:30pm; 10 hours per day
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather condition