Journeyman Pipefitter and Apprentice Pipefitter- Norman Wells, Northwest Territories
We are seeking experienced Journeyman Pipefitters and First or Second Year Pipefitters for our Norman Wells site located in North West Territories.
- Demonstrates knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, grooving and bending of pipes, valves and fittings
- Assembles and installs piping sections according to blueprints and job specifications
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as cutting openings for pipe while standing for extended periods of time and securing pipe in hard to reach areas
- Uses testing equipment effectively to check for system leaks and troubleshoot fitting errors
- Develops patterns for projects or follows directions in given layouts, blueprints and work orders
- May perform other related duties assigned.
- Must have a Journeyman/Apprentice Pipefitter ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must have previous experience working in an industrial and maintenance setting
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS-09
- Must possess valid OSSA Fall Protection, EWP, Confined Space along with H2S
- Must possess valid WHMIS 2015 Certification
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and provide Driver's Abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- 15/13 shift rotation working 10 hours per day on a compressed work week schedule
- Travel allowance provided for eligible candidates
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Applicants that reside in NWT and Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project.