Pump Jack Mechanic- Norman Wells, Northwest Territories
Fluor Driver, a part of the JV Driver Group, has been providing industrial construction and maintenance services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking an experienced Pump Jack Mechanic for our Norman Wells site in Norman Wells, NWT. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring pump equipment is in good operating condition.
- Inspects pumps and determining technical issues
- Completes maintenance and repair work including setting of pumping units, counterbalance adjustments, removal of horses head, belt change outs, pump alignments, sheave replacements, bearing replacements and lubricating of units.
- Reports deficiencies to supervisors
- Operate 5 ton picker truck
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a pump jack technician
- Must provide Driver's Abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must provide Emergency First Aid or Standard First Aid Certification
- Must possess valid CSTS Certification
- Must possess valid Fall Protection Certification
- Must have valid Confined space rescue Certification
- Must possess valid H2S Alive Certification
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in NWT and Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- 15/13 shift rotation working 10 hours per day on a compressed work week schedule
- Local candidates will work a 5 and 2 rotation.
- Local candidates will be preferred
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions