B-Pressure Welder with PipeShop/Roll Welding/RMD/Fluxcore Experience
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking experienced Journeyman B – Pressure Welder's for our Pipe Shop in Nisku, Alberta.
The successful candidates will be responsible for cutting and welding work in connection with the construction, repair and maintenance of company pipelines and related facilities.
MUST HAVE FAB SHOP EXPERIENCE, RMD AND FLUXCORE EXPERIENCE.
- Develops patterns for projects or follows directions in given layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Cleans, checks for defects and shapes component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Welds parts, and may also build up worn parts by welding layers of high-strength hard-metal alloys onto them.
- Mentors and coaches Apprentice Welders
- May perform other related duties assigned
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Performs pipe welding and must be capable of rolling pipe and/or position welding
- Must hold an Interprovincial Red Seal or Journeyman Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must possess a valid B-Pressure ticket
- CWB ticket will be an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have previous welding experience in an industrial setting
- Must have previous welding experience in a fabrication shop
- Must have RMD Fluxcore & Roll welding experience
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems)
- Must possess valid government issued photo identification
- Applicants that reside in Nisku, Leduc, or Edmonton and area. Only local candidates will be considered due to the location of this project and no travel allowances are provided.
- 4 and 3 rotation - 10 hour days
- Work will be inside Fabrication facility
- This position will be project based