Title: Structural Welder –Fabricators, Steel Shop
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking Second and Third year Apprentices and Journeyman Structural Welders for our Nisku Steel Shop.
- Develops patterns for projects or follows directions in given layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Cleans, checks for defects and shapes component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Welds parts, and may also build up worn parts by welding layers of high-strength hard-metal alloys onto them
- Mentors and coaches Apprentice Welders
- May perform other related duties assigned.
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal, or have a Journeyman/Apprentice Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have previous welding experience in an industrial setting
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Monday through Thursday
- 40 hours per week
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- 3 positions available.