About Flour Driver
Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian contractors (JV Driver) to create a unique solution to the turnaround, maintenance, and construction needs of the petrochemical industry. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that lower construction and maintenance costs while maintaining excellence in safety and quality and thus providing a lower total cost of ownership for our clients. We accomplish this goal by embracing our core purpose, Think Different Build Better, along with our core values.
The General Superintendent both reports to and takes direction from the Construction Manager. The primary responsibility of the General Superintendent is to oversee total field construction and insure the project is constructed in accordance with planning, schedule, design and works with project management to ensure budgets are aligned with forecast to completion.
• Mentors and coaches staff, interprets performance and provides feedback
• Develops and leads their team from a construction and project perspective, through Human Resources practices and objectives that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and safety
• Follows processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's Project Controls goals
• Coordinates with other trades, Safety, Engineering/Planning, HR, LR, Payroll, Project Controls, Contracts and Sub-Contracts, Equipment and the warehouse, both on and off site
• Serves as a knowledgeable resource to the construction/project management team and provides overall company leadership and direction.
• Manages all superintendents, materials and equipment as per the projected execution plan including the coordination of field construction staff
• Assists Superintendents in planning work schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirement
• Acts as a liaison with other departments to ensure the project schedule is met
• Monitors contractors, trades performance, progress, and productivity
• Coordinates plans with field engineers to overcome any inconsistencies
• Responds to detailed direction of construction specifications, budgets and schedules
• Assists in creates and reviews the building of IWP’s (installation Work Packs)
• Understands and can interpret the P6 schedule; as well as ensures the Superintendents are supporting the schedulers with daily updates.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio
• Advanced knowledge in P6 or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge of construction
• Base understanding of Project Controls (intermediate level, completed all level 200 PC JVDU courses)
• Intermediate understanding of Work Face Planning
• Advanced understanding of quality control process including turnover
• Base understanding of receiving, warehouse functions and material management
• Base understanding of procurement procedures
• Coordinate offsite activities
• Able to coordinate and supervise sub-contractors
• Meetings – Be able to organize a meeting, create an agenda, record action items and set completion dates for action items for specific individuals or groups
• Capable of building a detailed org chart
• Advanced understanding of project infrastructure and cost
• Base understanding of contract documentation and how it pertains to the work scope.
• Technical Trades certification with 12-15 years’ experience or equivalent
• Superintendent experience for a minimum 2–3 years.
• Camp based position with full accommodations provided
• 7&7 rotation
• Charter flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary.
<iframe src="https://www.linkedin.com/embed/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6384079785852837888" height="492" width="504" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>