About Flour Driver
Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian contractors (JV Driver) to create a unique solution to the turnaround, maintenance, and construction needs of the petrochemical industry. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that lower construction and maintenance costs while maintaining excellence in safety and quality and thus providing a lower total cost of ownership for our clients. We accomplish this goal by embracing our core purpose, Think Different Build Better, along with our core values.
The Project Manager is a key member of the project leadership team, reporting to and taking direction from the Project Director. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to manage the successful completion of an industrial construction project.
• Mentors and coaches staff, interprets performance and provides feedback
• Leads and coordinates the daily activities of the project team
• Interprets and applies a strong understanding of key indicators to make effective business decisions
• Embraces new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
• Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
• Cultivates innovation and creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
• Provides direction, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done with a focus on continuous improvement
• Develops people to meet their career and organizational goals
• Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
• Gains the trust and confidence of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
• Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when dealing with difficult situations.
• Strong operational knowledge of the JVD Group and related companies
• Comprehends safety, contracts, sub-contracts, strategies and procurement processes
• Reviews and understands deliverables and associated reports
• Develops the project budget for direct, indirect and other costs based on estimates provided for identified project scope of work
• Creates Project Performance Assessments
• Manages small projects or parts of large projects with a scope up to 100 million dollars
• Oversees projects with 100 employees and has 5 direct reports
• Ensures staffing plans are developed and functional coverage is maintained for the project.
The Project Manager is required to have a post-secondary degree or technical diploma in engineering, with 8+ years’ experience in major construction projects.
• Camp based position with full accommodations provided
• 4&3 rotation
• Charter flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary
• Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.