For buildings, underground utilities or earthworks projects.
IDL Projects Inc. (IDL) is a dynamic, rapidly expanding company focused on providing a broad array of construction services in Canada and internationally. We have established ourselves as a go-to solutions provider in the construction areas of civil and infrastructure, commercial, residential, public and institutional, industrial, energy, mining and safety services.
The field engineer provides technical engineering information and support to the Project Team and provides project control support (cost, scheduling, and estimating).
- Reads and understands plans and specifications, visualizing two-dimensional drawings in three dimensions
- Examines/inspects conditions, identifies problems and errors, and potential for cost savings
- Ensures compliance with all engineering standards, regulatory requirements, specifications, project procedures and design instructions
- Performs quantity take-offs from drawings for purchasing of materials or planning and scheduling work
- Conducts quantity surveys to determine progress and productivity
- Prepares as-built drawings to include field measurements and drafting
- Generates purchase orders, follows up with suppliers to expedite deliveries, and receives requests
- Assists Superintendent with the building of turnover packages
- Reviews and understand the overall project goals and provides feedback to achieve those goals
- Provides technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in a construction related field of Engineering from an accredited engineering school
- 1-3 experience in a Field Engineer / Coordinator role
- Knowledge of construction activities including material, equipment, cost and time requirements to perform construction tasks
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings, specifications, and perform material take-off, apply labour costs, and examine in-process and complete work
- Knowledge of codes that apply to industrial and commercial construction
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, MS Project, Acrobat Pro
- Outstanding communication skills and confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
At IDL we strive to ensure a positive and safe work environment. Our employees are part of a work family built on respect, friendship and latitude for personal time. We live our core purpose of “Think Different, Build Better” and our core values of “Take Care of Each Other”, “Be Innovative”, “Build Great Things” and “Have Fun”.
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience
- Health and dental benefits
- Training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance