For buildings projects.
IDL Projects Inc. (IDL) is a dynamic, rapidly expanding company focused on providing a broad array of construction services in Canada and internationally. We have established ourselves as a go-to solutions provider in the construction areas of civil and infrastructure, commercial, residential, public and institutional, industrial, energy, mining and safety services.
The Superintendent assumes a leadership role by guiding field personnel to the successful completion of the project on schedule and within budget while maintaining high quality and a safe workplace.
IDL Project’s head office is located in Prince George, British Columbia and has multiple satellite offices across western Canada including Terrace, Vancouver and Vancouver Island. This position is based out of Prince George, with the possibility of out of town work at one of our satellite or project offices. There may be an option of traveling in and out on a rotational basis depending on the project.
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but all the benefits of a smaller center. The cost of housing is reasonable, the commute is effortless and a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Ensures projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and applicable codes and that labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Leads the team to the achievement of the corporate goal of zero incidents by ensuring job site safety meets or exceeds the standards set out by IDL’s H&S Manual, Worksafe BC and any other authorities
- Orders materials, schedules inspections, and facilitates required soil and concrete testing
- Maintains the construction schedule, ensures deadlines are met and identifies potential problems / opportunities for improvement
- Maintains control and responsibility for the care, maintenance and scheduling of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site
- Reviews subtrade/supplier invoices against purchase orders and report any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department
- Provides clear direction to field personnel and ensures optimum utilization of resources (labour, materials, and equipment) in consultation with the Project Manager
- Recruits field personnel, builds an effective team and leads the team to successful completion of the project; maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Understands the project schedule, drawings, specifications
- Prepares project schedule, including a 3 week look ahead
- Prepares change orders and ensures proper approval routing as required
- Maintains a daily log
- Maintains an organized job site
- Leads implementation of Quality Management System on each project.
- May perform other related duties as required
- 3 - 5 years construction experience
- Previous experience as a Superintendent, General Foreman, Project Manager or similar direct supervisory role
- Familiar with construction terms, practices, scheduling, costs and budgets
- Ability to effectively plan and adhere to a project schedule
- Proven safety record and ability to portray the importance of safety to field personnel and subcontractors
- Ability to work out of town when required
- Capacity to motivate, lead, and boost the morale of teams
- Outstanding communication skills and confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Strong negotiation, organization, time management and coordination skills
- Logical decision-making ability and the capacity to handle pressure
- Successful completion of pre-access drug and alcohol testing as required on a project by project basis
- Intermediate user of Excel, Word, Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Project
At IDL we strive to ensure a positive and safe work environment. Our employees are part of a work family built on respect, friendship and latitude for personal time. We live our core purpose of “Think Different, Build Better” and our core values of “Take Care of Each Other”, “Be Innovative”, “Build Great Things” and “Have Fun”.
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience
- Health and dental benefits
- Training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance