For buildings projects.
IDL Projects Inc. (IDL) is a dynamic, rapidly expanding company focused on providing a broad array of construction services in Canada and internationally. We have established ourselves as a go-to solutions provider in the construction areas of civil and infrastructure, commercial, residential, public and institutional, industrial, energy, mining and safety services.
The Project Manager provides guidance to the project team and is responsible for the smooth operation and successful completion of construction projects; ensuring the project is completed on schedule and on budget. Participates in the project from conceptualization through organization, implementation, and contract close-out.
IDL Project’s head office is located in Prince George, British Columbia and has multiple satellite offices across western Canada including Terrace, Vancouver and Vancouver Island. This position is based out of Prince George, with the possibility of out of town work at one of our satellite or project offices. There may be an option of traveling in and out on a rotational basis depending on the project.
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but all the benefits of a smaller center. The cost of housing is reasonable, the commute is effortless and a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Performs a key role in project planning, budgeting, and the identification of required resources
- Prepares a detailed construction execution schedule and ensures activities move according to the schedule
- Reviews and understands the complete contract and negotiates out any unacceptable terms and conditions
- Completes value engineering and constructability analysis
- Provides clear direction to project team and ensures optimum utilization of resources (labour, materials, and equipment)
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded and performs risk assessment and mitigation
- Obtains all necessary permits and licenses
- Negotiates and prepares initial contracts and negotiates revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with subcontractors and suppliers
- Inspect and review project to monitor compliance with codes, regulations, procedures and other requirements that affect the success of the project
- Develops, implements and oversees effective quality control programs
- Prepares and submits budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
- Takes action to manage and mitigate the effects of delays, inclement weather, or emergencies
- May perform other related duties as required
- Degree or diploma in Construction, Engineering, Red-Seal Journeyman Certificate or related discipline
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager or in a similar role in the construction industry
- This is also a great opportunity for a superintendent, project engineer or general foreman with formal training in construction or project management and is looking to take on more responsibility and develop their career
- Experience working with a general contractor in the ICI sector preferred
- Familiar with construction terms, practices, scheduling, costs and budgets
- Experience developing traditional hard bid estimates and knowledge of construction costs and budgets, preference given to applicants that have design-build experience bringing conceptual estimate to a hard bid
- Ability to effectively plan and adhere to the project schedule
- Capacity to motivate, lead, and boost morale of teams
- Strong negotiation, organization, time management and coordination skills
- Logical decision-making ability and the capacity to handle pressure
- Proven ability to build successful teams, effectively motivate people and maintain relationships
- Outstanding communication skills and confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Intermediate user of Excel, Word, Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Project
At IDL we strive to ensure a positive and safe work environment. Our employees are part of a work family built on respect, friendship and latitude for personal time. We live our core purpose of “Think Different, Build Better” and our core values of “Take Care of Each Other”, “Be Innovative”, “Build Great Things” and “Have Fun”.
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience
- Health and dental benefits
- Training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance