Quality Inspector (Shutdown position)
About Flour Driver
Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian contractors (JV Driver) to create a unique solution to the turnaround, maintenance, and construction needs of the petrochemical industry. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that lower construction and maintenance costs while maintaining excellence in safety and quality and thus providing a lower total cost of ownership for our clients. We accomplish this goal by embracing our core purpose, Think Different Build Better, along with our core values.
The principal responsibility will be to perform and document various types of inspections in accordance with Fluor Driver’s quality control manual for the duration of the shutdown. This position reports directly to the Site Quality Supervisor.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Establish and manage QA/QC documentation for the shutdown
• Development and maintenance of Inspection and Test Plans
• Conduct technical reviews of project documentation and specifications
• Perform source inspections when required
• Provide assistance in the preparation and maintenance of welder qualification records
• Perform Non-Destructive Examinations and Visual Inspection of welds related to the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel industry
• Perform inspections on pressure boundary and non-pressure boundary components, assemblies and structural fabrications in accordance with the applicable code of construction and/or customer specifications.
• Follow and maintain Inspection and Test Plans or Travelers.
• Perform internal weld monitoring as required.
• Perform Source Inspections, In-Process Inspections and Final Inspections
• Complete all associated documentation; Quality Control reports, sign-off on drawings, create as-built drawings, etc.
• Flange Management.
• Calibration of measuring and test equipment.
Education & Knowledge
• Graduate secondary school education in welding technology, QA/QC or a related discipline at the University or College level or a minimum of 3 year work experience in QA/QC role.
• NDE Certification: C.G.S.B. Level II in Magnetic Particle Examination and Liquid Penetrant Examination would be an asset.
• CSA W178.2 Level I/II Visual Welding Inspection certification
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Computer literate in MS Office. Strong Excel skills are a must
• B&PV Code ASME Section 1, B31.1, B31.3 & Section VIII Div. 1 experience
• Experience with structural codes – CSA W59 and structural welding-CWB
• Knowledge of API Codes
• Refinery experience would be an asset
• Shutdown duration 6 to 8 weeks
• 6&1 schedule (or as needed)
• Located in Sarnia, ON