Title: Welder B-Pressure – North of Fort McMurray
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking 1 experienced B Pressure Welder (hand) for a site North of McMurray.
This position is for a longterm contract and is considered permament full time. Please read through all requirements and details below prior to applying.
The successful candidate will be responsible for cutting and welding work in connection with the construction, repair and maintenance of company pipelines and related facilities, in addition to other duties as assigned.
- Develops patterns for projects or follows directions in given layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Cleans, checks for defects and shapes component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Welds parts, and may also build up worn parts by welding layers of high-strength hard-metal alloys onto them.
- Mentors and coaches Apprentice Welders
- May perform other related duties assigned
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have a Journeyman Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must Possess a valid B Pressure Ticket
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have previous welding experience in an industrial setting
- Must possess CSTS '09, OSSA Basic Safety Orientation, OSSA Fall Protection, OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor, OSSA Elevated Work Platform, H2S Alive, Basic Rigging, Overhead Crane and WHMIS 2015
- Must possess CWB SMAW and FCAW all position
- Must have TIG experience
- Must test in our welding facility in Nisku for all site specific welding procedures for F3/F4, F6/F6(GMAW/FCAW & all positions SMAW/FCAW)
- Must possess valid government issued photo identification
- Must complete specific online training assigned at time of hire
- Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- 7/7 shift rotation
- 12 hours per day
- No Overtime
- Charter flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary
- No Additional Travel Allowance is Provided
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions