Procurement Specialist - Entry Level
JV Driver Project Inc.
As a JV Driver employee, our company’s values must be evident in all daily activities. Employees are expected to think outside of the box to facilitate innovation, which contributes to the success of JV Driver. JV Drivers’ employees are motivated to “Build Great Things”. This includes building great projects and taking initiative to develop your career by participating in training and development opportunities.
JV Driver values their people and their people’s safety. Employees help lead the safety culture. “Having Fun” is essential for creating a working atmosphere that fosters teamwork. Employees at JV Driver are the foundation of a strong team.
The Procurement Specialist I reports to and takes direction from the Procurement Manager. The Procurement Specialist I is responsible for assisting in the purchasing of supplies using defined procedures and policies.
- Processes purchase orders for all departments and enters them into the appropriate financial systems
- Reconciles invoices and packing slips with invoices
- Maintains inventory
- Vendor research
- Prequalification and requisition reviews
- Preparation of RFQ, bid analysis and tabulation
- Minor negotiations
- Data entry into ERP system
- Manage invoice inclusive of OS&D expediting, system receiving and packing slip collections
- Preparation of AP packages
- Surplus material management
- Legal closeout
- Comprehends the importance of team work to achieve common goals
- Completes assigned tasks on time and consistently achieves results
- Other duties related to the function of Procurement in Supply Chain Management.
- SCMP designation is preferred
- Excellent experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- ISNetworld experience is an asset
- CMIC and SAP experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly developed organizational skills, inclusive to property management
- Industrial construction experience, working on various commodities for multiple projects is an asset
- Must be a team player who is adaptable to various stressors
- Ability to stand firm in the face of adversity.
- Located in Leduc, AB
- Monday through Friday
- Temporary position, 4-8 month term
- 40 hours per week.