Title: Gasfitter A & B
Duration: One (1) 14 Day shift
We are seeking ONE (1) Gasfitter A & ONE (1) Gasfitter B for ONE (1) - 14 Day shift for a site NORTH OF FORT MCMURRAY
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
Gasfitters size, install, test, adjust and service natural gas and propane equipment ranging from residential furnaces to industrial boilers. Gasfitter-class A certification is required to work on appliances exceeding 400,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs).
Gasfitters size, install, test, adjust and service natural gas and propane equipment ranging from residential furnaces to industrial boilers. Gasfitter-class A certification is required to work on appliances NOT exceeding 400,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs).
Gasfitters repair and extend gas mains, and install, repair and service pipes and fittings between mains and buildings. Install and service propane vaporizers, temporary heating equipment, propane metering and dispensing equipment, and propane pumping equipment.
- determine the size and type of pipe, equipment, appliances and devices to use,
- test, identify and select the correct piping and related materials,
- measure, cut, thread and assemble pipe using tools such as pipe cutters, pipe threading machines and pipe vices,
- install vents and flues, and connect gas-consuming appliances such as ranges, dryers, barbecues, furnaces, boilers, space heaters, radiant and forced air heaters,
- test and replace defective equipment or components,
- start-up and adjust new or repaired equipment, and
- prepare reports.
- Required JM Ticket
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid BSO (or OSSA Regional)
- Must possess Confined Space& WHMIS 2015
- Must be able to provide a valid Drivers License & Drivers Abstract
- Must complete all site based training prior to going to site - Total of 5 additional
- Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- 14 Day shift rotation working 10 hours
- Charter flights from EDMONTON & CALGARY only (No additional travel allowences)
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions