About JV Driver
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 20 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 20 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction, recognition by WorkSafe Alberta for being a "Best Safety Performer" four consecutive years, and many more.
The Civil Superintendent is responsible to supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of the specific tradespeople and other support workers who are used to construct specific industrial projects.
• Meets work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments or trades
• Requisitions materials and supplies
• Resolves work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
• Recommends personnel actions such as hiring, promotions and discipline
• Ensures standards for safe working conditions are observed
• Leads daily tool box meetings
• Prepares schedules, timesheets and progress reports.
• Journeyman trade certification in a relevant civil trade
• Three (3) or more years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a relevant trade are required
• Five (5) or more years of working within an Industrial Construction Company environment
• Previous project experience in earthworks, civil and concrete
• Experience with MS Office Package
• Supervision experience is a must
• Ability to set and manage priorities to meet all deadlines
• Strong coordination skills and organization skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Company paid RRSP Contributions
• JVD University and other training opportunities
• Excellent work/life balance.