Fluor Driver Inc
Come Build with Us!
Fluor Driver Inc, a part of the JV Driver group has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 20 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 20 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction, recognition by WorkSafe Alberta for being a "Best Safety Performer" four consecutive years, and many more.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Turnaround/Shutdown Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of the shutdown.
- Cultivate good working relationships with and between all parties involved;
- Provide leadership development to site personnel;
- Coordinate site activity priorities; eliminate road blocks to assure that all shutdown needs are met;
- Audit shutdown compliance with shutdown established execution procedures;
- Audit and ensure shutdown safety work practice effectiveness;
- Establish resource needs / selection criteria for shutdown team candidates;
- Identify candidates / needs for core team;
- Review roles, responsibilities and expectations with core team members;
- Champion the implementation of the shutdown process;
- Compile Shutdown team roles, modify as required to meet shutdown specific needs;
- Ensure proper communication of Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations;
- Hold shutdown alignment meetings both internal and with the client;
- Coordinate / perform process review sessions (Lessons Learned);
- Facilitate the overall shutdown development activities / monitor the overall shutdown milestone schedules;
- Identify / promote use of best practices;
- Perform individual group feedback meetings;
- Recommend process changes as appropriate;
- Facilitate and develop cross training opportunities;
- Validate shutdown time frame;
- Establish shutdown objectives;
- Coordinate with the client for internal / external scope development needs;
- Work with the client to align and develop Shutdown execution philosophy;
- Coordinate with the client to develop the schedule and lead scope development reviews with execution team.
- Posses strong leadership and organization skills;
- Detailed knowledge of shutdown policies, and procedures;
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills;
- Industrial Relations Training;
- Knowledge of software applications used for project management;
- Posses exceptional people skills;
- Knowledge of schedules and cost control procedures and structures;
- Knowledge of quality control / assurance policies and procedures;
- Strong pro-active problem solving / critical thinking skills;
- Facilitation skills;
- Economic thinking;
- General client business understanding (profit drivers, plant operations, reliability);
- Ability to leverage resources throughout the organization;
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- JVD University and other training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance
Learn more about JV Driver
To apply please upload your resume online, and you too could be a part of a Company that values building great things, being innovative, taking care of each other and having fun!