North of Fort McMurray - Electricians
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For 25 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
We are seeking experienced Journeyman & Apprentice Electricians for a project located North of Fort McMurray. The Electricians will perform installation and maintenance of electrical devices and components found in in an industrial setting.
- Reads and interprets electrical, mechanical, and architectural drawings and electrical code specifications
- Pulls wire through conduits and holes
- Installs, replaces, maintains, and repairs electrical systems and related electrical equipment
- Splices, joins, and connects wire to form circuits
- Tests circuits to ensure integrity and safety
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must hold a Journeyman Electrical ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a registered Electrical Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority.
- Must possess WHMIS 2015
- Must possess BSO (or CSTS 09 & OSSA Regional dated before July 2015)
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess valid OSSA Fall Protection, OSSA EWP, OSSA Confined Space
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Local work: North of Fort McMurray
- Camp work: Camp based position with full accommodations provided
- Shift: 14/14 shift rotation working 12 hours per day (No overtime)
- Travel Info: Charter Flights avail out of Edmonton and Calgary
- Benefits: Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work conditions/weather: Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Duration of work: Short term 1-2 months