Metro-Can Construction Ltd.
The Metro-Can Difference
As a well-established construction firm, you might think that the most important asset we have is our equipment, or our safety record, or the good standing we have in our industry. And while these three points are important, we understand that there is one thing greater and more important; our people!
Metro-Can Construction is focused on the Vancouver and the Lower Mainland building commercial, mixed use and multi-unit residential for our existing and new clients, while Metro-Can Projects provides Construction Management Services to the group’s national clients for the commercial, institutional and residential projects across Canada. We seek to deliver value (cost and quality) to our clients. Our strength is our experienced team that builds with integrity and innovation.
Metro-Can is seeking experienced project managers that will be responsible for managing mid to large-scale projects up to $100m with a proven track record.
• Manage all facets of construction including communication with Owners, Consultants and Sub trades
• Management of on-site personnel including Superintendents, Labourers and Support Staff
• Oversee project set-up, scheduling, and cost control
• Direct regular site meetings with sub-contractors, architects and consultants
• Work with superintendents to deliver safety-oriented, on schedule, high quality projects
• Prepare progress invoices/sub trade invoices; change orders to Owner and sub trades
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables
• Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Project close out.
• 10-15 years’ experience in commercial and residential construction
• Relevant construction management education
• Must have experience in concrete builds and completion
• University degree/Tech diploma in Construction Project Management / Engineering or a related field
• Expert ability to manage project time-lines and budgets
• Demonstrable ability to lead commercial construction projects in various phases concurrently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Problem solving and conflict resolution
• Must be hands on and work as a team that compliments each other
• Strong planning, organizational and communication skills
• Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate others
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
Compensation & Location
• Corporate Office- Surrey
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Company paid RRSP Contributions
• Excellent work/life balance.
Learn more about Metro-Can