Metro-Can Construction Ltd.
The Metro-Can Difference
As a well-established construction firm, you might think that the most important asset we have is our equipment, or our safety record, or the good standing we have in our industry. And while these three points are important, we understand that there is one thing greater and more important; our people!
We are a respected general contractor with expertise in commercial and residential construction. We seek to deliver value (cost and quality) to our clients. Our strength is our experienced team that builds with integrity and innovation.
We are seeking experienced project managers to add to our team with responsibility for managing mid to large-scale projects up to $100m.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage all facets of construction including communication with Owners, Consultants and Subtrades
- Negotiate and award Subtrade contracts
- Management of on-site personnel including Superintendents, Labourers and Support Staff
- Oversee project set-up, scheduling, and cost control
- Direct regular site meetings with sub-contractors, architects and consultants
- Work with superintendents to deliver safety-oriented, on schedule, high quality projects
- Prepare progress invoices/subtrade invoices; change orders to Owner and Subtrades
- Project close out
- 10-15 years’ experience in commercial and residential construction
- Relevant construction management education
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a staff team
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Strong planning, organizational and communication skills
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
Learn more about Metro-Can
To apply please upload your resume to JVD careers page