The Metro-Can Difference
As a well-established construction firm, you might think that the most important asset we have is our equipment, or our safety record, or the good standing we have in our industry. And while these three points are important, we understand that there is one thing greater and more important; our people!
Metro-Can Construction is focused on the Vancouver and the Lower Mainland building commercial, mixed use and multi-unit residential for our existing and new clients, while Metro-Can Projects provides Construction Management Services to the group’s national clients for the commercial, institutional and residential projects across Canada. We seek to deliver value (cost and quality) to our clients. Our strength is our experienced team that builds with integrity and innovation.
We are seeking experienced superintendents to add to our team with responsibility for coordinating mid to large-scale projects up to $50m.
• Complete projects safely on time and on budget
• Manage on-site construction plan including schedule and logistics
• Coordinate and organize all sub trade and on-site activity
• Supervise and mentor site personnel.
• 8+ years’ experience in commercial and residential construction
• Relevant construction management education
• Must have experience in concrete builds and completion
• University degree/Tech diploma in Construction Project Management / Engineering or a related field
• Demonstrable ability to lead commercial construction projects in various phases concurrently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Problem solving and conflict resolution
• Must be hands on and work as a team that compliments each other
• Strong planning, organizational and communication skills
• Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate others
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
Compensation & Location
• Corporate Office- Surrey
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Company paid RRSP Contributions
• Excellent work/life balance.
Learn more about Metro-Can